Upon completion of an AAMET Level 3 training course, students have the option of pursuing Advanced Practitioner Certification. In addition to completion of the Level 3 workshop, there is an extensive mentoring and assessment process for AAMET Accredited Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner membership.
To achieve the level of AAMET Accredited Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner, students must successfully complete the following minimum competency requirements:
- Pass the online multiple-choice Advanced Practitioner Exam via the AAMET International website.
- Receive 6 hours mentoring (either 1-to-1 or in a group of 8 or less) with any AAMET Master Trainer (in the role of Supervising Mentor). Mentoring can be conducted in-person, over the phone, via Skype, or via webinar.
- Submit to Trainer / Mentor a minimum of 4 case studies: 3 Client Case Studies (on separate individuals) and 1 Personal Case Study. Case studies must demonstrate competent, professional, and individualized* application of foundational EFT skills acquired during EFT Levels 1, 2 and 3 training and post-training practice and experience. *See EFT Case Study Guidance Manual for further details
- Provide an in-person OR audio OR video demonstration of an EFT session, and discuss this session with AAMET Mentor. This demonstration (and discussion) will count as one Client Case Study
Complete a minimum of 50 EFT sessions (or “practice hours”) working with at least 20 different individuals at the discretion of the Trainer. Each EFT session must be a minimum of 45-minutes in length.
- Complete any additional, discretionary requirements as outlined by the AAMET Master Trainer / Mentor during the certification process. Mentors may require additional client sessions / practice hours, 1-to-1 mentoring meetings or case studies as needed to complete their assessment.
Once the Candidate has completed all of the requirements and the Mentor is confident that Candidate has met the competencies and standards for Practitioner Level set by AAMET, Mentor will inform the AAMET Membership Secretary that all requirements have been met. The Membership Secretary will then invite the Candidate (via email) to upgrade their membership on AAMETInternational.org to Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner.
To maintain AAMET Accredited Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner status, members must fulfill annual CPD and supervision/mentoring requirements. CPD (Continuous Professional Development) is 30 hours of EFT-related study (i.e. videos, workshops, books, audio presentations, etc.). Supervision/Mentoring is 6 hours annual mentoring (individual or group of 8 or less) with an AAMET Master Trainer / Mentor or Approved Mentor (a Certified, Advanced EFT Practitioner who has been approved by AAMET to offer annual mentoring).